Our Lady of Perpetual Help represents the Mother of God holding
the Divine Child while the Archangels Michael and Gabriel present
before Him the instruments of His Passion. Over the figures on the
golden rays are some Greek letters, which form the abbreviated
words Mother of God, Jesus Christ, Archangel Michael, and
Archangel Gabriel respectively. The original icon is displayed in
Redemptorist Chapel in Rome at the Alphonsianum where our own
Father Eric studied for one year.
This statue was a gift from the Irish Travelers who frequented St.
Patrick Church. See more about the Irish Travelers in the Parish
|SAINT PATRICK CATHOLIC CHURCH
|1219 Second Avenue South Nashville, TN 37210
|O U R L A D Y O F P E R P E T U A L H E L P