|St. Patrick Catholic
1219 Second Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37210
Church followed the Second Empire
The cornerstone was laid on July
13, 1890 and construction
completed in less than seven
months. The church was dedicated
with a Mass on February 8, 1891.
As would have been necessary for
the times, the church was lit by
gaslight and heated by coal stoves.
The floor of the church was built
with a slight downward slope to
allow better viewing of the altar – a
design feature found in only two
other churches in Tennessee of this
era incorporated this feature.
For more information about the
church, please see Parish History.